Orange County Treatment Center
Orange County Drug Rehab
Overcoming Substance Abuse
Life is full of stressful situations, and everyone has different ways of dealing with them. Some people meditate, some punch a punching bag, others may turn to recreational drugs and alcohol to numb the pain.
Drugs and alcohol may be an occasional escape for some people, but for others, they can become addictive. When addiction sets in, it comes with its own set of problems. It can ruin relationships and it can lead to financial and legal issues. It can even be fatal.
Addiction is a disease that is all too common in America. Statistics show that 19.7 million individuals over 12 battled with a substance abuse disorder in 2017 alone.
People all over the world become addicted, even those that live in climates where the sun is always shining. Orange County, California is a region that’s known for its beaches and pleasant weather. But despite the beautiful, warm environment, there are many people who live there that have dark shadows that lead them to use drugs or alcohol.
Fortunately, there is help for people that become addicted. There are therapies available as well as inpatient and outpatient programs designed to make the transition to sober living easier to achieve.
Your first step in the right direction.
Detox offers a state-of-the-art drug & alcohol detox program that is safe & effective at our Mission Veijo facility.
Two steps forward. No steps back.
The evidence-based approach at Hillside Mission’s luxury residential inpatient program in Mission Viejo works for you.
Life on lifes terms.
We offer thorough aftercare planning & alumni programming to keep clients connected to the recovery community.
Request a Confidential Callback 24/7
Learn the Statistics
Addiction in Orange County
Orange County is a metropolitan area in California. It is known for its pleasant climate and beach communities. It encompasses cities like Santa Ana, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Irvine, Dana Point, Huntington Beach, and more. Anaheim, home of Disneyland, the happiest place on earth is also in Orange County.
To those who haven’t visited Orange County, it probably sounds like a dream. It has warm temperatures, ocean breezes, a resort vibe, and several terrific attractions. But it also has a dark side.
It may be that the beach atmosphere lulls people into a false sense of security. It may be that the hazy, lazy days make people grow restless, so they seek out other forms of entertainment. It may be peer pressure or the stresses of everyday life, but just like so many communities across America, Orange County has its share of individuals struggling with addiction.
Here are some eye-opening statistics:
- According to the Orange County Health Care Agency, the number of fatal drug overdoses increased by 88% between 2000 and 2017.
- Men in the OC are twice as likely to be hospitalized for drug use and twice as likely to die of an overdose as compared to women.
- There is an average of 5000 substance abuse-related hospital stays each year and approximately 700 people die from drug-related causes.
- The average patient that checks in for a drug-related issue stays in the hospital for 4.3 days resulting in medical bills that amount to $430 million overall.
76% of deaths are due to accidental overdoses. 51.5% are related to prescription drugs while 66.8% are caused by opioids.
- Women are 1.6% more likely to overdose on prescription drugs as compared to men.
Here are some other factors to consider:
- Alcohol Use: According to a 2012 study published by the Orange County Health Care Agency, men tended to drink more alcohol than women and most users were Caucasian. Those in the 45–64-year age group drank the most. People in higher income brackets drank more than lower-income people. 10% of drinkers admitted to driving while intoxicated.
- Drug Use: The study also revealed that 34% of OC adults had used at least one illicit drug in their lifetime. 33% said they used marijuana regularly, 13% reported taking cocaine and 1% admitted to using heroin. 6% said they had misused prescription drugs at least once.
- Hospitalization Rates: Unfortunately, drug-related hospitalization rates in Orange County have not improved much since 2011. 48% of patients were checked in for psychological symptoms due to drug and alcohol withdrawal. 24% of patients were diagnosed with drug dependence or chronic alcohol syndrome.
Achieve Lasting Recovery
What to Look For in an
Orange County Drug Rehab
Addiction is a major problem but fortunately, in Orange County, there are options for those who want to overcome their addiction.
While there are various therapies and groups that may be effective in eliminating dependence on drugs and alcohol, experts recommend checking into a rehab facility as a first step.
A rehab facility takes people in and assists them during the detox process to ensure they stay as comfortable as possible and don’t relapse.
From there, they are provided with 24/7 supervision and treated with various therapies that are customized to their individual needs.
After being discharged, facilities continue care with outpatient treatment that helps patients adjust to sober living.
There are many rehab centers in Orange County, but how can you find the one that is best for you? Here are some things to look out for.
- A Skilled Staff: It is important to find a rehab facility with skilled staff that has experience helping clients overcome addiction. Do some research on the head doctors to find out about their track records.
- The Right Therapies: There are a variety of therapies that can be used to treat addiction including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), hypnosis, Dialectic Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviews, 12 Step, and more. Find out if the facility you’re considering offers therapy suited to your needs.
- A Customized Approach: The drug rehab in Orange County, CA you choose should not take a cookie-cutter approach. They should realize every person is different and they should offer treatments that will be successful in helping you move forward with your life.
- Comprehensive Care: The clinic you go to should provide end-to-end service starting with supervised detox going through to outpatient care. They should help you overcome your issues and give you the tools you need to adjust to sober living.
- Accommodations: The accommodations at an alcohol rehab Orange County facility can range from basic to luxury. At the very least, you will want to find one with a clean, soothing environment. If you prefer a more upscale atmosphere, you may look for centers with pools, spas, private rooms and more.
Real Help for Substance Abuse
How Hillside Mission is Different
Hillside Mission is a drug rehab in Orange County that stands out from the rest. Here is what we offer.
Dedicated Staff: You will be provided with the ultimate care and respect at every touchpoint. Our e staff will let you know exactly what to expect and they will be there to provide guidance and support every step of the way.
Assisted Detox: The detox process may be the hardest step in overcoming addiction. Clients experience unpleasant side effects that make them want to start using again. We offer assisted detox with medications that minimize symptoms. The process takes place in a comfortable setting and clients are supervised to ensure they don’t relapse.
Personalized Treatment: The next step is to get clients started on a treatment plan. This includes a variety of therapies that are proven to be effective considering the individual’s unique conditions and situations. Clients are taught to replace unhealthy reactions that lead to using with coping mechanisms that reduce the urge to drink or do drugs. We focus on creating a mind-body balance that will get clients to a happier, healthier place.
Luxury Setting: Clients will go through rehab in a soothing, luxury environment. Our facility offers 180-degree ocean views, private accommodations, a pool and spa area, and chef-prepared meals.
Understanding What You Need
Get Help at Our Rehab Center in Orange County
Addiction is a downward slope, don’t let it ruin your life.
Hillside Mission is ready to help you deal with your substance abuse disorder. Our caring staff is on hand offering comprehensive care from detox to aftercare. Our drug rehab Orange County, CA team members will get to the root of your problem to figure out what is causing addictive behavior and we will provide you with healthier ways to deal with life’s stressors.
Today is the day to stop the cycle. Pick up the phone and call our rehab centers in Orange County. We will give you the support you need to break the chains of addiction.
Don’t Wait Any Longer
Get the Care You Need
Get Help at Our Newport Beach Rehab
Addiction ruins lives. Don’t let it destroy you and your loved ones. Get help today. Hillside Mission is a drug rehab Newport Beach that offers effective treatments, accommodations and aftercare that will help you say goodbye to addiction for good. Just pick up the phone and talk to a caring compassionate member of our team. Our representatives will provide you with everything you need to know about your path moving forward.
Help is just a phone call away. Contact us today and take the first step to become a happier, healthier you.
Help for Myself
Get personalized addiction treatment at Hillside Mission Detox, a luxury program in Mission Viejo, California that is dedicated to your success in recovery.
We’re Here for you.
Help for Loved-One
Is your loved-one struggling with a drug or alcohol problem? Unsure of how to help? Let Hillside Mission Detox help your family recover together.
Did you know?